Trans Wakefield Xmas meal
This was at Rustico's on the evening of the 17th. We met up at the Calder & Hops first, which is just over the road.
I had decided to go with my oriental looking dress which has a lovely red satin detail on black. I chose to wear heels for the first time in quite a while. It doesn't look as good in the photo's as real life unfortunately.
There were nine of us that went, it was a nice evening. The food wasn't that much to shout home about, but it wasn't that expensive either. I had turkey and stuffing, but it turned out to be huge chunk of stuffing with not much turkey. It's and Italian place, so I guess I should go back and sample their main cuisine at some point.
We returned to the Calder and Hops for a drink afterwards, I was driving so was on soft drinks though.
The buckles connecting the strap on my clock handbag to it's main body failed in there for some reason, so that is on the to-do list to fix before I go out again.
Didn't feel as safe walking back to the car park in the heels rather than my boots, but there were not many about on a Sunday night.
Had a nice night anyway, was good to spend more time with them all.
Meadowhall
I had taken the day off in Lieu as I had been working the previous Friday, and had agreed to meet up with Ann at Meadowhall as we had not had chance with her missing Chams due to being ill the previous time.
We met up at 11 ish, and had a coffee at Costa and a bit of a natter. Then had a look around some shops for a bit. I found some shoes on sale for £44, but decided against them, I might get then online perhaps.
I found a dress in Quiz that was £20, and bought that, it shows off a bit too much of my tummy though, so I will perhaps have to hope I can lose some weight after xmas :)
We went for a Pizza for lunch, then did a few more shops. She had to head home before 2 , but I think we had probably done everything we wanted to.
Trans-Wakefield Thursday night (21st Dec)
Figured I might as well go this meeting as I was already dressed for it, it was in the Café this time. Was a nice enough meeting, Phillipa was there who I had not seen for a while, she wasn't at the Xmas meal.
There was some talk of a member who had left in a huff as there were a difference of opinion, I won't mention names. She seemed a bit odd to me to be honest.
It was over the assertion that Trans-Women are Women. I think my own views are that it depends on context. If I want my prostate checking, I'd rather be classed as a Trans-Woman - if they are deciding on who gets to use what loo, I would prefer to go with the assertion. I don't think it's bad to be considered to be trans, or feel that I would have to use an overly simplistic binary definition of gender just to suit other people.
Anyway seemed silly she wasn't prepared to accept that others may not share the exact same view, and just respect that.
I have no photographic proof that I attended the event, I have found myself becoming less inclined to take selfies as my outings become more regular.
Xmas at the In-Laws
It wasn't as bad as I had feared, nobody mentioned the hair - not even my sister and brother in-law who can't have seen me for quite a while. Aside from a bit of a cold that developed, and the usual being a bit bored sat around all day, it was OK.
My kids has got me a penguin bracelet, but they gave me it early so I wouldn't be opening it in front of the family down there. I have bought myself a ridiculous handbag :)
I made sure to take my gel with me, and had enough privacy to apply without my wife noticing. She knows but I don't like to do it in front of her.
The storm that was forecast for the 27th meant that we set off late on the 26th instead of going early in the morning, so I did manage to get back up a day earlier than expected at least.
Trans-Wakefield Thursday night (28th Dec)
We were in the pub for this one, it was fairly quiet again - I do wonder if we have lost a few others with this 'split' that seems to have have gone on. There are a number I've not seen for a while now.
Anyway Phillipa was there, and ended up speaking to her a lot over the course of the evening. We played a few games of pool. She won overall, but one was due to me potting the black in error. Definitely need to practise more next year.
I was very glad to have gone, and was a nice evening.
There was talk of NYE plans, but I am unsure if I will go out, as I am taking my mum to see my dad in hospital the next day, he is one of the few unfortunate souls with a birthday on a public holiday.
I hope the night out in heels wasn't too painful.
ReplyDeleteAs to the dress being -ahem- quite fitted, would you like to compare notes about corsets at Chams next time? 🙂
Good to hear your family trip went well and there was no major drama. Xmas can be a bit tricky for folk.
As to the photo not doing the dress justice, the photo of it looks fab, and I hope you felt suitably fancy in it.
Happy New Year and I hope 2024 is kind to you and yours.
No I was half expecting it to be, I hadn't worn them out much - but thankfully not.
DeleteI have consulted my scales this morning, and the figures are not good. It did wish me a happy new year though :)
Yes it's one of my favourites, tend to keep it for xmas though.
Happy new year to you too, hope you had a good one !
Catching up with fellow bloggers after the madness that is Xmas...
ReplyDeleteAnother showcase of lovely frocks, Izzy. I love your style, and the smile too! Both will always be winners.
Hope 2024 is a fun year for you.
Sue x