This is my first ever blog post. It should be probably contain important things, but nothing too exciting has happened recently.
I went to Sainsburys this evening, one of my spawn required vegetables for a school cookery class. I was informed that I would be eating it, so I could choose. I chose badly, courgettes were not in stock at Asda.
This gave me an excuse to get dolled up and go to Sainsbury's, I don't need much of an excuse. I like to go there as it's sufficiently far away from the village I live, that I won't likely meet anyone I know. Also the female clientele seem to be more likely to be a bit more made up, and more likely to be wearing nicer clothes so I feel I can fit in a little better.
I had a long grey cable knit dress on, black boots and my black 'military' style coat.
It may sound a little snobby, but there are people who go to my local small Asda in their PJ's - Anyway it's way too close to risk going there.I should probably have worn a mask for the dreaded C, they still do ask you to, but I wanted my face to be seen, it seems like a less than real experience to hide behind the mask. I wore a mask last time, but it was much busier, and compulsory. It was quite quiet, so not many people were around, I think I caught at least one young couple give me a funny look, but I'm fairly paranoid and can feel uncomfortable even in man mode.
I had popped into the services on the M1 on the way to Chams last month, but there were only a few people in there, so that seemed even less of an achievement - although again, I did actually need to go in, as I had forgotten to bring decaf tea, and I slept badly the first time I attended, which was probably the excitement of it all really, but I put down to the tea.
Anyway I read that it's a right of passage to go buy some groceries while dressed, I think I've probably ticked that box.
| In the car afterwards I swear I wasn't grumpy |
Welcome to the blogosphere, Isobel. 🙂
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete