Sunday, April 17, 2022

A penetrating experience

I've been quite busy this week ! 

The parents in law came up last Sunday. this meant that I had to clear out the spare room, a lot of my clothes, wigs and other things that would give the game away were kept in there. You don't realise how much stuff you have until you need to move it all. 

Anyway it only moved to the master bedroom, so not too stressful.  Although had to go around all the other rooms looking for anything I had forgotten. 

Fortunately they were not staying long, so I was able to go to Chams on Thursday. It was another quiet week but I managed to speak with one lady who I had not managed to until then. We had tended to be at opposite ends of the table for other nights. Took the EV as the petrol prices are just silly at the moment, so ended up charging at the nearby restaurant - got a nice selfie for Insta while waiting :)



Friday I did Nottingham Invasion for the 2nd time, it was a lot better, lots more people. I had been keeping and eye on the FB group to gauge the level of interest, and there was a lot more of a buzz about this one.

I did turn up a bit early, and was thinking I might have perhaps mis-interpreted the level of interest, but it started to fill up after 8:30, and I saw a few friendly faces I had met previously.

One lady did also arrive a bit early, poor thing turned up perspiring badly with a limp, had marched half way across the centre - she nearly gave up apparently. I went over and introduced myself, given we were the only trans looking people in there, she hadn't seen me when she walked in. Spent a lot of the night with her and a few others. We did four pubs in total, the highlight was the Hockley Arts Centre with a very photogenic top floor. 





I sneaked off just after 1am as I was starting to feel pretty tired, and it's an hour and a half drive home. It goes on until close at 4am - I'm not sure I will ever manage that.

I was pretty tired yesterday, and in a bit of a mental haze due to it, which was sort of helpful in the end as I was in a 'sod it' mood. I had been wanting to have my ears pierced, as I really want to wear ridiculous earrings. One of my new online friends had been encouraging me to get them done, and not bother what people said - and one of the girls I had met before, who was at the Invasion had just had hers done, and was equally not fussed about what people thought.

I checked with my wife first, she hasn't been that keen for me to have them done, but I wanted to make sure it was a preference issue rather than a hard no, she uttered the words "it's your body", so that was enough for me.

So whilst in the mood to get stuff done, and after 30 mins of looking found somewhere close online that did ear piercing with needles. It was drop in only, so I thought I could go and if it didn't look nice just not go in. It looked very nice !  So I now have two pierced lobes !

They were really helpful, I had to fill out a form to say I wasn't likely to drop dead, one of the questions related to phobia's and fainting, which I answered in a positive manner - I have trouble when giving blood samples - they've had to catch me :) . 

I'm not so bad with receiving injections though. Anyway they offered to do them both in tandem, with two ladies at the same time, to minimise any stress. It was over in seconds, with no issue.

I went with some small black studs, which apparently are the in thing for the discerning male at the moment ( I was in man mode ) - I'm not sure that most blokes have both done, and she double checked I wanted both, I assume because it's slightly unusual. 

Got some cleaning spray from them too, so hopefully will be able to stop them becoming infected.



Looking forward to goth fest next weekend !





 

2 comments:

  1. Pierced ears! Wow!

    And Goth Fest coming up!

    Sorry, just random squees from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your random squees are much appreciated :)

      Delete

All change

  Life update  I am divorcing, it is amicable - but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.  We had talked about waiting for Chris to...