Sunday, June 12, 2022

Leeds Second Friday


The big Leeds social is normally the first Friday of each month, but due to an overlap with the Jubilee celebrations it had been moved to the 2nd one this month.  

I had the day off, but my youngest was off school, as it is a bit odd with it's holidays. I would normally have gone out dressed for the day, but with him in tow it didn't seem appropriate.  We've been out as a family before a couple of times, and he see's me dressed up when I go to the support groups, so it's not that he's not fine with it, it just seemed odd.

So instead I decided to go get a haircut - he still had to come along, but I promised him we would do something afterwards. Managed to get a free slot in my usual place with only a 30 minute wait, so we went for a wander. 

I'm trying to grow my hair again - I had been before xmas, but the kids kept getting headlice at school and although they didn't infect me, I was feeling a bit paranoid and did a 6mm all over on myself the last time - which I regret.

So I just went with a back and sides, a bit of a tidy up. I'm hoping to go with a somewhat stereotypical 'lesbian' look which will sort of be vaguely OK in both modes, and still be short enough still so I can wear short wigs over it if needs be.

I also clipped my toenails, and painted them that morning, as I was intending on wearing my block heel sandals, and they would be on show.

We went for lunch at a mediterranean cafe, I had a kebab type thing, and the lad had a burger. It was nice, aside having to send his back as they had put mayo on it, despite me being very clear about it not having any sauce.

The afternoon I washed my plan B dress, which I did end up wearing and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. My wife thought I looked like a tart in my gold sequin one. But I will wear it one day :)

My friend was intending on coming as well, but things seem to be against her that day, lots of issues and stress, and an infected leg !

We met in the square outside, and I showed her the wings mirror and where the bar was - we were a bit early, and it wasn't very busy at all.  Didn't see anyone else I knew at that point so we say down next to a CIS couple.  Turns out they were visiting from Ireland - and seemingly a bit drunk.  

We spoke to the lady for a while, she wasn't well informed with terminology but was friendly and trying quite hard.

I spotted a lady who I had met at a few events before, Danielle, and she came over and sat with us. This was probably the start of it not going so well as far as my friend was concerned, as I think she already felt trapped in a corner.  It went a down hill rapidly, I tried to advert disaster, but it was too little too late, and she had already decided to leave at this point.

Managed to find her in the courtyard, and it was clear the event was not her cup of tea. Things were said about the group, it upset me somewhat, but I think we are OK now. 

The rest of the evening went as normal, following Dee around with the others, we went to Fibre - got a mirror selfie for Insta. Then we went next door, which was pants. Music was too loud, I screwed up some tissue and jammed it in my right ear as it was vibrating badly. I left this in when we moved to the showbar.

Saw some Caberet in there, the male dancers ended up dancing on top of the bar at one point !

Myself and Danielle went to the front to see more of the caberet, and Dee and the others had moved on by the time we got back. We assumed it would be the Smokestack, but guessed wrong. There was some good music in there though.

Danielle was heading off early, as she had an event to attend the next day, and I figured it was also a good time to head home - was about midnight by this point. We walked to the multistorey together at least - always the most scary part of it. Plenty of police around though.

Came home and cooked myself a sausage sarnie - I had intended to have some cold pizza but I had forgotten to put it in the fridge, so didn't risk it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All change

  Life update  I am divorcing, it is amicable - but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.  We had talked about waiting for Chris to...