Saturday, June 11, 2022

The long weekend

The long Jubilee weekend had been mainly used up by a big family wedding. This was in/near the dales, the wedding itself looking out onto Dovedale. 

For the avoidance of doubt, this would be an entirely man-mode event, I am not even out to my own parents, and this was my wife's side of the family, and quite a large family at that.

There was quite a lot planned, we needed to get there for 4pm ish on the Thursday, so we did get a little bit of that day, but most of that was spent packing and such. 

I had been paranoid that my pierced ears would result in questions, ones I would either answer truthfully, thus causing a massive scene, which you don't want at someone else's wedding - or lie, and then be upset with myself for the continued deception.

In the end I got some transparent plastic studs, and I think I went unnoticed - at least nobody said anything. Still hiding I suppose, but I knew they were there at least. I didn't want to take them out fully for fear of them closing up, it had only been 6 weeks, and had managed to make them bleed a few times.

Friday morning I managed to get out for a bit of an amble with my youngest, we were in a old stone building that had been converted to a large holiday let. Here be some pics of our walk :


The wedding was at 1ish looking out over Dovedale :


I was very envious of a number of dresses - but won't share those for privacy reasons.

The evening do was back at another of the large holiday lets that had been rented, and went much as they normally do, had a few beers,  

Saturday a lot of people were feeling worse for wear (not so much myself) , although I did have some tummy issues - but it's a known issue.  There was a BBQ in the evening, then we made our excuses.

Managed to get home before 10 ish I think.  Sunday I was still very tired, so it was a bit of a waste of a day, I had hoped that I would sleep well on the Saturday night.  I did have a coffee at Tibshelf which may have caused the sleep issues.

I wasn't in the mood to dress of go on adventures anyway :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

All change

  Life update  I am divorcing, it is amicable - but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.  We had talked about waiting for Chris to...