So after my lovely Birthday visit to the sculpture park I still had my normal Friday adventure day free to use. I ended up at Cannon Hall which is not that far away.
I spent some time looking around the walled gardens, then had a coffee and a sausage roll at the courtyard café. The lady serving really liked my purple nails, which was nice. I looked around the kitchens, did more of the grounds, then went into the big house which is now a museum.
I was a little more self conscious, my new wig - while fantastic doesn't help with not sticking out. Had my spider venom earrings on too :)
I have a friend who has a wild peacock as a nemesis, so being such a good friend I seek out Peacock themed items to rib him with over skype. The museum came up trumps, I found a pot and a plate adorned with peacocks.
Had a wander down to the lake, and did consider renting a peddle swan for Insta action shots, but they looked sort of big for one person to take out on their own.
This one was named Isabella - so almost made for me though :)
After this I went to the garden centre opposite, and drooled over some Seasalt dresses, which while I could afford, I'm sure I could have got cheaper elsewhere.
All in all a very nice day.
The rest of the week at work was a bit busier than normal, and I had some out of hours work to do on the Thursday evening, this meant I missed out on my Wakefield support/social group meeting, which was a shame. But was able to go out to LFF on the Friday at least.
LFF I was really looking forward to going, I had seen some shots on Insta of a really fun lady who takes lots around London, and I realised that I may be able to attempt to get a city skyline shot if I drove to the top of the multi-storey carpark I normally use.
The weather was good, I didn't get too dizzy driving the 16? levels I think it was. I had a new selfie stick that transforms into a mini tripod too, it has a Bluetooth trigger you can remove.
It seemed to work pretty well, but the range on the trigger wasn't great. I have another one I might use instead.
The night itself was nice - a few ladies who I didn't know were attending turned up.
A young gay guy approached me and my friend outside, and asked us if we were drag queens - he really didn't seem to know the terminology bless him. He meant no harm and once corrected he gave us hugs. Unfortunately his friend was barred entry to the pub we were queuing for, so that was the last we saw of him.
We did the show bar next, they were throwing loo roll out into the crowd for some reason. A girl adorned me with some which was fun. I got complements on my dress.
We them went to the Pack Horse. which was outside the normal 'gay' bit of town, there were only four of us in there I think. Some old drunk guy decided to attempt to chat us up. I was the only one that he would want to f**k apparently, which is a dubious compliment.
Then we ended up in Queens court, then Smokestack. I chatted to a girl who hadn't been for a while, Suzy, who seemed nice.
By this point it was past midnight and I was getting a bit sleepy, so bid farewell and set off or the carpark.
There was a group of Asian guys in a Merc driving around with the taxi's with the window down, one of them commented on my shinny dress, but then I think made me, he didn't say anything too bad, but was unexpected.
I made it to the car OK - I had moved it down from the roof a little to make it less painful to retrieve after I had done my photos.
Saturday we went to a charity bike show at my wife's school, and I ate badly all day - even a Kebab at night. Had a chat with my wife to re-assure her I hadn't come to any decisions - it would be wonderful if I could.
Today I did 10K of which 5K was running, and washed my dresses ready for the Sparkle weekend which will commence for me this coming Friday !! Really looking forward to it.
You look fab in all the photos here, love the expression in the one with the loo roll!
ReplyDeleteAs for the rest of the anecdotes, that's pretty dang cool. Dubious compliments remain dubious, but take that good feeling that comes with them!
Decisions... well, they say only the Sith deal in absolutes. Do report back on Sparkle!
They do get to wear black flowing gowns though......
DeleteThose loo rolls could've been handy in the Pandemic! 🙂
ReplyDeleteFab dress, BTW
Yes they did make comments on how expensive it would have been during those times :)
DeleteYes one of my better purchases !