These events are from the first week of the month, I have been lax at posting again.
Thursday the 6th of October was meant to be Wakefield in the evening, I just wasn't in the mood again. I had a days shopping with Ann planned for Friday, followed by the big Leeds social in the evening, and I figured would prepare for that instead.
On Friday I got ready and by looking at the time I took a car park selfie, I was in Leeds for 10:30am, which isn't bad for me. I tend to do my 'evening do' eyeliner on a morning in the comfort of my home so I am not panicking attempting to do it at the hotel.
I had tried something new too, a two tone look, with blue on the lids, and pink above - stole the idea from an Insta person I follow, was pretty chuffed with the look.
We had our routine Costa, and a cake - I was good and chose the lowest calorie one I could find. We decided to mix it up a bit and do some Art, as nice to do other things than look at expensive clothes we shouldn't buy. So we headed off looking for the Tetley, which is a sort of pub/cafe/art gallery in the old Tetley offices at the Brewery Wharf.
It was raining pretty heavily, and Ann's umbrella was really not up to it, so we got to see how well our waterproof mascara held up to the elements - pretty well as it turned out. So we were a bit damp when we got there. I can't say that I was too impressed with the exhibitions, but they will have new ones every now and then so will likely go back at some point.
The venue itself seemed nice. Quite photogenic , lots of wood panelling and an impressive stone staircase with railings.
After we had finished in there we headed back over the river to commence some retail therapy, stopping at a music shop on the way, partly to get out of the rain, and for Ann to browse shiny harmonicas.
Did a few shops, then went to the Flamingo's LGBTQ+ friendly cafƩ in the Central Arcade for lunch. I had the same bagel as I had the first time I had visited there, still lovely. Pastrami and Emmental cheese, and a cup of tea.
I had planned to wear a silver mirrored dress (sort of square sequins) for the evening do, but it was a bit sheer so I wanted to get a black slip to go under that, my current one was white and a bit long. I also wanted to get some silver heels - I have a pair but they are too big for me and very loose, so they only ever get used for Insta. We spent the afternoon heading around our various usual places, from John Lewis at one end, all the way back to the hotel.
I managed to get a slip in M&S and shoes in New Look. It was getting towards 5pm by the time we were done, so we headed back to our rooms to change for a meal. Got to go through at least three outfits in a day, or you are just not trying hard enough :)
Took the opportunity to give my new autumnal dress my wife was kind enough to purchase for me from Barnsley market when we went a few weeks ago - I was in man mode.
I had seen an Indian place on google that I wanted to try,
https://www.nawaableeds.com that wasn't too far away. So we walked over there, fortunately the rain had largely stopped by this point.
The restaurant was as nice as the pictures suggested, and really nice service, the food was fantastic. I know Bradford is more known for it's curries, and I've been to some of the famous places there, but this seemed just as good. We both ate far too much, Ann was defeated in the end. The title of the post is what I ordered - Lamb Nihari.
We headed back to the hotel to change for the evening do. I was feeling fairly pregnant due to the curry, and just couldn't even contemplate putting a corset on. So I wasn't looking as thin as I can do - which isn't that thin :) - but was still pretty pleased with how the dress looked.
We met up with Della in the bar, one of Ann's friends who was doing LFF for the 2nd time, but hadn't stepped outside the hotel before. So we decided to drag her around a few places, as she was still not really in her comfort zone.
We did the showbar and watched some of the drag acts for a bit. Then headed over to Fibre. This wasn't as good as usual the top bar was closed, so a massive queue for drinks downstairs. Also some numpty knocked a pint over my legs.
This gave me a good excuse to take Della to the loo's as she had never actually done female loos before and was really nervous. But I really didn't want her attempting the gents, that is not a good idea. She didn't get any photo's of me doing weird poses in front of the hand dyers trying to sort my legs fortunately.
We met a lovely lady visiting from Ireland, totally forgotten her name, she was gorgeous. Della had seemly had enough alcohol by this point, and took herself back to the hotel. So we decided to try Blayds bar , which was the quietist I've ever seen it - normally just walk in, turn around and go somewhere else.
Then we did the Smokestack , met up with Alice in there, and Fiona.
Then finally we went to the New Penny, where Dee and a few others were, and we did some dancing for a bit. Can't remember the exact time we left, I don't think it was too late.
I had largely been on shandy, so I wasn't hungover the next day. We met up for breakfast in the morning, and I think I was back home before my wife was out of bed in the morning, so I was not in her bad books this week !
All in all a really nice day / evening yet again. I don't think Ann can make the next one, so I may be back to bumbling around trying to latch onto some others. It will be fun I'm sure, I probably won't drink for that one. Hotels are expensive.
"...Ann to browse shiny harmonicas..."
ReplyDeletešµ I got the.... transgender blues.... šµ
Corsets and eating do not seem a good mix. Well, unless you want to reduce the amount of food you can actually eat and even then, it didn't sound great for the digestion š
Re: shoes too big: have you tried putting memory foam in the toe box and/or anti-rub pads at the hell end? Assuming the shoe's design allows that.
I shall have to get her to bring one next time, although I haven't heard her play yet :)
DeleteI am very glad I didn't put the corset on before the food that's for sure !
I did get some squishy heel pads, but alas still floppy - not thought about memory foam, thanks for that tip I shall investigate.
Sounds like a great time out!! Also, unconnected: love the new blog design!
ReplyDeleteThankyou yes, was very nice. Yes I decided to have a bit of a tidy up, liked the autumnal element of this theme :)
Delete