I couldn't think of a title, so I used a generator 😁 , I was pleasantly surprised....
Thursday the 8th of December , Chameleons Xmas Fuddle
![]() |
| Changing room selfie |
I also had some nice dresses that needed an outing. I had originally decided to wear a silver sequin one I had bought while shopping in Leeds the week before, but after getting ready, and modelling for my long suffering wife, our collective opinion was that it was a bit too much.
I have no objection to wearing xmassy dresses throughout the year, so perhaps it will get out in January.
I spent a while getting my makeup on, I haven't actually worn eyeshadow a great deal recently, but had plenty of time so did a split pink and blue look I had seen someone on Insta do, think it turned out pretty well.Ended up changing into a lovely quiz black diamante dress which I was also chomping at the bit to wear out. I have a lot of dresses, but I REALLY like that one.
It is a pain in that you get foundation over the neck taking it off, but have found shaving foam to be good at getting it out.
I do really need to try and tame my waistline for it, but December is probably the worst month to start.
Anyway outfit aside it was a really nice evening, lots of people there, lots of nice food, lovely atmosphere. It allowed the formation of smaller groups, which I find easier to join in conversations with.
Would put it down as one of the best Chams meetings of the year. I have been continuing efforts to try and get certain people to come along, only really got Ann so far, but resistance is futile and all that.
It snowed on the way back, not too badly. I ended up stopping off at Woodall again. I discovered that if you plug into a unit that is also being used by someone else (some allow 2 cars to charge at once), it still charges slower when they disconnect. So you need to stop your charge, and re-start to take full advantage of the unit's output.
The Weekend
Friday I had the day off, but my son was at home due to lack of teachers, so I decided not to do an adventure day. I did go out for a run in the early afternoon, which meant I was too tired to do anything for the rest of the day 😊
I thought about going out on Saturday night, I even got ready to do so, but with the football being on, I figured it might be dead at my local LGBT friendly bar. So I ended up just doing a load of outfit try-on's, which also gives me some more Insta content.
Sunday I had to work in the morning, and then got the xmas tree up and did some tiding in the afternoon.
Oh and I started a youtube channel too, put one up with more from my foggy day out at Nostel the other day. Not really sure how people are going to find it, so I stuffed the title of the video with keywords.
Keeping them short, as that is the in thing apparently - I had good fun making it, and I take way too many photo's that I could hope to use on Insta or on here, so a good use for them.
Tuesday the 13th
This was my 2nd Laser session, which went really well. I shaved at 10pm on Monday night - I did manage to cut myself though. Likely because it was a new razor - they want you to use a new one, I think to ensure the ends of the hairs are flat to absorb more of the light.
I also remember to use my exfoliating sponge too.
It didn't hurt nearly as badly, I think mainly due to it being less sparse, so absorbing less light/heat. She turned it up a bit too. The jawline was particularly bad last time.
It's been about 7 hours since and it doesn't feel very bad at all, will put some more Aloe Vera gel on before bed.
I have myself booked in for January, she wanted to do the 5th, but that would have been the day before LFF so was no good, so got it for the week after.


What do vegan zombies eat? What about vegetarian vampires? 🤔
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the YouTube channel and I think the music & slideshow go very well together.
Great to hear you had such a good time at the fuddle. Everyone seemed to be mingling and chatting, which was lovely to see.
BTW, I thought your Xmas outfit was fab. The sequin number was amazing as well and I think you would have gotten away with it.
If the weight loss becomes an issue, there's always corsetry! 😁
Good question, I know Count Duckula used to eat broccoli sandwiches :)
DeleteIt would be nice if the youtube takes off, but more of a fun project at the moment. A lot of my inspiration and makeup knowledge came from there, would be nice to give something back.
I did have an elasticated device on, the laced ones are a bit difficult to hide under bodycon, but it would be nice to have a flat tummy without one :) - I think going to try and get back to doing a walk every day.
FWIW, I did try a corset and then a smoothing shapewear over the top. While that did the trick, I think it would only be okay for winter events with aircon 😁
DeletePerhaps a regular walk and not having stollen for breakfast is in order? 🙂 Good luck!
Great post as always! I suspect, like Lynn, either choice would have fit right in at the fuddle. Also, huge thanks for the boots - still breaking them in (my struggles with trainers from earlier in the year loom large) before risking going long distance with them but they are divine!!! I am very grateful!
ReplyDeleteI am also totally up fo being taught things by Zombies, provided that's by observation rather than literally in a classroom, as I suspect a zombie may be more interested in eating brains than developing them. Mind you, UNITY was semi-zombie and could be trusted not to eat peopl- I'm riffing on little-known webcomic history...
Great news on the laser treatment too! Sounds like it's going really well!
Thanks Joanna, glad to hear you are breaking the boots in.
DeleteMaybe they are forward thinking ones, maybe exercised brains taste better :)
It seems to be thanks, attended the Wakefield group in man mode last night as couldn't shave again, that was a bit weird.