Out - to my Brother !
I wrote my previous post on a Friday thinking that I probably wouldn't get up to much on the Saturday and Sunday. I was due to have a quiet drink with my brother on Saturday lunch time, and thought it might just be a few hours of chat, then back home early afternoon.Anyway, we both got very very drunk, I tried Jägerbomb's for the first time, I have some memory loss. I remember showing him a picture on my Instagram, and then being outside the pub with him being quite nice about it all. I think the picture to the right was it, or at least one with that dress on.
I don't remember getting home, or getting into bed - this was before 7pm , but I do recall my wife coming in to give me a bottle of Lucozade and a pepperoni pizza she had ordered for me - which I ate. I think this saved me from much of the hangover I was really owed !
Due to the memory issue I wasn't 100% sure of where it all got left, so I sent him a text early in the morning, and got a nice supportive one back saying he would always be there for me and such, and we have been fine since. Mainly talking about cars, as we did before - as if nothing had changed. Which I am very pleased about.I've added him and my dad to a WhatsApp
group, titled 'cars' , we are all quite interested in them, I don't want them thinking I am a totally different person now, I still have much the same interests, I would just rather be dressed differently while doing them :)
Not sure my dad is really checking it much, nor did they get the emergency tests, perhaps need to persuade him to get a newer phone.
About - Mum has questions !
Being open to my brother unexpectedly resulted in my mum wanting to talk about things with me more deeply, and in detail - about my plans. Apparently they had discussions that they might need to get their wills updated to be my new name !
She was also enquiring how far I wanted to go - the topic of genitals seemed to be highest priority for them to know about. I do find that quite amusing, as it's generally the last thing anyone actually gets done, if at all, but non-trans people seem fixated on it.
Anyway, I think they think I have a firm plan - I have desires, I have money, I have no firm decisions. I am not likely to change my name any time soon that's for sure.
She was also saying that she has nobody else to talk to about it, so wants to talk to me more often. Which I suppose isn't a bad thing. She wanted to know if I was finding the support groups useful, if they were helping and such - which they certainly are.
Chameleons
It seemed like a more quiet affair compared to the previous meeting, but I think this was partly because the wig people had come to the previous meeting, which tempted more people out - plus the two ladies themselves, so it was a packed room.
I think there were actually 9 of us at this meeting , which was still not exactly small compared to some
of the summer ones - as I'm sure you know a high proportion of trans people are also vampires, so the summer months are challenging.
![]() |
| Halloween last year Most vamp look I've managed :) |
Well it's either that or it's due to it being harder to sneak out of the house dressed in the light, or too hot to wear wigs, but vampirism is a much more sexy and plausible reason I'm sure you will agree.
Speaking of which it's the first of the two Whitby goth weekends at the moment - I didn't go, it was meant to rain, and my wife was less than pleased with the idea. It's a long drive for just for the afternoon, and I had no hotel booked, so probably for the best.
There was a new person there, a university student, they were very well spoken and seemed quite switched on, knowing all the current terms. Definitely officer grade material for any secret trans-army that may need forming !
Lynn had a fetching top on, with sort of mesh effect arms, looked very nice in it.
Was also great to catch up with Ann, and Danielle was back too, sans cast on her wrist, with good news about a GIC referral. Didn't speak too much to her, but I think she will be at LFF so will do so then.
Trans-portation
I finally got enough confidence to take the Morris Minor down the M1 to Chams. She has been christened 'Josephine' as apparently it's illegal to own one without giving it a female name.
The journey down was pretty steady, with only a bit of light rain to contend with, I have a YouTube channel, and I have created a video of most of said journey for anyone's viewing pleasure (it's sped up in the middle, only 6 mins long) :
I tried to keep to 60mph, for the sake of the engine, and my hearing, it is very loud, there is no sound deadening at all. I arrived really early, partly in case I had issues and had to stop and troubleshoot, and partly because I had been chomping at the bit to set off.
So I spent a bit outside with my tripod getting some pictures of us both - this was also the first time I had been out in her enfemme !
|
|
|






I shall comment section by section - I feel it deserves that:
ReplyDelete!!!!
!!!!
I mean, I used to say I was a vampire because I had no reflection so... that scans.
Cool! (I am a fan of the video).
Cars as big dogs... okay then. :)
Only old cars are like dogs :)
DeleteI hope your reflection is more present and pleasing these days.
Congratulations on the coming out. Good to hear that went well.
ReplyDeleteIs the car name a reference to Terrorvision's "A Boy Named Josephine?" Although given the starting issue, perhaps Alice from "Alice, what's the matter?" might work too 😉 Okay, that's probably enough 90s music references.
Thanks for the kind words re the top and that goth photo of you is fab.
I hope Mrs Iz is pleased with the new wheels.
Thankyou
DeleteTerrorvision - It was actually !!! I love that song !!
I think the starting issue was entirely my fault, we are still getting to know each other :)
She is very pleased, it is a big step in features.