Life updates
Had a chat with my wife today about my upcoming six month review with Gender GP. I had been meaning to bring it up earlier, but I don't like to upset her and thought it might be contentious.
Anyway told her I was looking to increase my hormone dose, which she seemed to accept. Was asking my about the side effects etc.
Also mentioned that I did want to come out eventually at work, and that this would mean changing my name. Again this didn't seem to phase her too much which was positive. The prospect of telling her parents was also raised.
My dad seems to be improving, he had been without anti-sickness pills for a while due to a poor performance by the chemist, going to ring them shortly to see how he is getting on
Health
Been for a run this morning, my social life has not helped with my figure, I am trying to reverse it's impact. Managed a few km of running, but my ankles are not happy with the amount of load I am expecting them to carry at speed :) - still managed to walk to Asda for food afterwards, so not made myself lame again at least.
I am looking for a sports bra, they don't hurt too much while running yet, but I can feel them moving.
Social Activities
My idea of cutting down on my social activities this year has got off to a really bad start.
Since last time :
- Boozy night out in Wakefield with Alice and Rebecca
- Two days in Blackpool with Stephanie and Cindy
- Two nights in Leeds for LFF
Very Brief catchup :
Wakefield - did the sculpture gallery with Rebekka for lunch and a bit of a look around, wasn't as good as the previous time I was there.
Alice arrived and we tried the 'Red Shed' which is a labour club, in a shed, which is red. It had some fab beers on, definitely one to add to my pub crawl itinerary.
We ate at Dolce Vita, I had swordfish it was lovely. We did some more bars, including 'The Black Rock' again - there was a biker gang in there when we walked in, which did raise my friends eyebrows a little. But all went well.
Some cis lady bought me a double vodka in there, and it all went downhill, I ended up on a cocktail bar which is never a good thing, and eventually my friends put me to bed - I have no memory of this. Apparently I was running down the high street trying to escape them to find more booze while laughing my tits off.
I was not very well overnight, or particularly energetic the day after - although did manage to spend the morning doing some shopping with them both before I felt sober enough to drive.
Blackpool - After LFF , and Wakefield I was going to be really good and drink sensibly, and I managed to do so. Was the first long drive in my new car - which went well, I charged overnight at Bank St car park on arrival. I was in the Dragonfly hotel, had a really nice room.
We ate at Peek-a-booze in the late afternoon on Friday, it was really cheap and freshly prepared, definitely going back there again.
We went around a few of the usual places in the evening, including 'The little Black Pug' bar , which I had been to with Arabella last year. Neither of my friends had been before, but enjoyed so much we went back on Saturday. I didn't have a late night, left my friends in there and walked back by myself.
I had a lovely fry up at the hotel for breakfast, then we got a black cab to the south blackpool station, then a short train ride to St Anns. We spent the afternoon doing charity shops - didn't get much other than a knock off version of the Black Opium perfume which I had resisted purchasing before.
Did get a rather fierce looking black jacket with gold spikes on the shoulders.
In the evening it was the main Chix event, starting at my hotel in the bar - there was a free curry buffet provided, I had 2nd helping :)
We went to LuLu's just to show Cindy mainly, it was rammed with girls - I got rained on a bit by a water leak (at least I hope it was just water) from above. We did the Galleon, Little Pug, Dirty Blondes (a rock bar) and finally the Flying Handbag. I was out till about 1:30am, but had been drinking sensibly so fairly sober by the time I got back.
Had a lovely breakfast again, in the company of Sarah who is a mature trans lady who has gone through GRS and runs a support group down near Cambridge. We must have spent quite a while talking, it was very nice. Hope to catch her again at some point.
The drive home was nice, although somehow managed to turn on the lane keeping assist, and the car started to steer itself which was rather worrying - I didn't know it had the ability.
Leeds
I had been planning on just doing one day a month at Leeds to cut down on the calories and expense, but there were a number of us going on the Thursday night, so I ended up being persuaded to join.
Glad I did, we went to a french place and I had the most amazing black pudding starter, it melted in my mouth, lots of flavours, very rich though.
Friday we had a nice breakfast at the Cha lounge, then did some shopping in the morning. Pint's and Straws went well in the afternoon had about 13 people turn up. We did the venues in reverse which seemed to work quite well.
It was Pizza for evening meal, we tried Franca Mancha - service was poor, and there was a mess up with the bill that left a shortfall. Myself and Bennie sorted it , as we were last out the door. Won't be going back.
LFF was starting at the 'Bridge End Social' this time, a one-off in case it didn't go well, but it was a fantastic success so I expect we will switch to that as our new permanent starting venue. It felt similar to the Marriot bar, music was turned down so we could talk. There were nice beers on from Kirkstall brewery, including a fab cherry one.
There was even a pool table !! Bennie beat me tho :(
We did 'The bridge', 'The End' , 'The Shed' and Smokestack . I finished the evening with some cheesy chips from Big Bites. I had been on halves so wasn't too bad.
On Saturday I had breakfast with Bennie at Riveresque , then we had a bit of a walk around the canal, the to the markets, the corn exchange and then back to the hotel to check out. I gave her a lift home and stopped for a cup of tea.
Was a really good weekend, one of the best i've had at Leeds - which is high praise indeed.
Well, it may not help your figure, but going out a lot with friends sounds like a good way to cope with the greyness of a British January.
ReplyDeleteI did Dry January and I think staying off all booze did me good. I'm wondering whether to cut it out altogether. Both in terms of a better figure, better sleep and more active days.
Wishing you the best for your hormone progress and beyond.
Sue x
Yes indeed it does make it more bearable :)
DeleteI am trying to stick to halves going forward. Although I did have a couple of cocktails the other day.
Thankyou, beyond is a scary prospect but hopefully will get there
Izzy x
Well, that all sounds rather positive to me! All power to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joanna
Delete