Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Yet another catch-up post


Post Dales:



The week after my walking weekend I had the house to myself and a few days off.   Benni was still in the area sorting her mums house out for sale, so I took advantage of this and a meal out with her on one day,
and lunch on another.

Her mums house is only 20 minutes away from me, I don't really have many friends close so it was a nice change to do more casual meetup rather than it being a weekend away.

I also did some work on the car to try and sort some niggles that had come up on the trip.



Dyed my hair

It didn't work as well as I expected, I think i should have left it on longer, but it's still a nice colour on top. 

It did work a lot better than the 'foan' type one I used before, I may give this brand another go, but leave it on much longer next time.








Brunch with Ex-Colleagues

On the Wednesday (the 7th)  , I went into Leeds to meet up with two work colleagues who had sadly been made redundant recently.  One was a long time colleague 10 years+ who had come with me from my old company when we were bought.  We didn't speak that much at work, but did try and have a natter once a week, and it was nice having her there to chat to if I did need to.   

She was one of the first people I came out to, a few years ago (after my wife) , and had been very supportive with my intention to come out at work, so it was a shame she left around the same time that I did.  It was the first time she had seen me in person dressed - we had been on calls, and I had shown her pictures over the years.

It went really well, and we had brunch in Flamingo's in the Central Arcade in Leeds - a LGBTQ+ café, that doesn't do bad food.

There was also a male colleague who was also very nice, and I had been working with closely for a number of years - that all went good, he did screw up pronouns once, but clearly not intentional.

I banged the rear passenger side wheel arch getting the MG out of the multistorey car park, which was a shame. So she is no longer pristine :(


Chameleons

Made sure to get to this one, as I knew I would have to miss the next one due to a clash with Peterborough beer festival.  Ann had brought a ball gown for me to try on, as unfortunately it was too narrow on her shoulders. 

It seemed to fit OK, but I think I would struggle to eat much with it, was a bit tight on the tummy. Would love to lose some weight, but my feet have not been happy since the walking, and I haven't done as much exercise as I should these last weeks.

I also got rid of a weird head that Benni was chucking out, I managed to palm it off on Sally - there was talk of it perhaps being cursed, but I haven't heard anything from her to back that up yet :)


Was fab to catch up with Ann and Sally, and I did manage to speak with a newbie for a bit too - emailed her some information on LFF too :)


Saturday - The Yorkshire Wartime Experience

This is an annual event where there are lots of vintage military vehicles, some on static display, others take part in parades around a central field and also partake in mock battles with infantry reenactors.

The weather wasn't the best, but it was still a nice afternoon.  I got some bits at one of the tool stores, and had a good browse on some of the stalls which sold vintage clothes and accessories too.  From rocket launchers , uniforms, to handbags and hats :)

Popped into the beer tent for one, just to be sociable too.  Queued for ages to get a pizza for myself and the eldest, wasn't too bad. Made sure to get an ice-cream too 

We went to my parents on the way back, as it was fairly close to them - this would have been the 1st time they would have seen me in a dress. My brother and his girlfriend were there.  It didn't go too bad, but my brother did deadname me which took me by surprise.  Not sure if it was due to my dad seeming to not want to call me by my correct name, or just a simple mistake. 

Will have to see what happens in the future - I didn't correct him.


Sunday - Wakefield Pride

Pride was good, I got to meet up with some of the Trans-Wakefield lot. They didn't seem very organised in terms of joining the march, so I ended up sneaking into the Leeds council group, as there were a few people I knew in that one. Someone from LFF , and a partner of somebody who had previously been in Trans-Wakefield but had been kicked out, or left depending on who you asked.

The march itself isn't very long, and you end up in a car park with a stage and stalls.  There was some decent beer on, but I could only have a few halves.

I did meet a few other LFF's there which was nice, had a brief chat with them.  I stayed for a few hours, the Cheeky girls were meant to be on, but there was no schedule and I couldn't wait all afternoon so decided to head down the LGBTQ+ café  'Our House'  to see who was there.  

I popped into a charity shop and got some sun glasses and a dress on the way :)  

Had a hot chocolate in the café and found a couple of friends to talk to for a bit, then headed home.  It was a nice afternoon, and glad I went.










2 comments:

  1. An entertaining read as ever. That head is definitely cursed! And ballgowns at Chamaeleons now? My, that group is certainly smartening up !

    Keep having fun. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our social club has a religious calling, and did mention exorcism, but she may be a bit rusty.

      Well there is no dress code, other than no sissy or transparent, so if anyone did fancy wearing one that would be fine - I only tried it on for some photo's. I have been in Goth mode a few times, but I am mostly sensibly dressed :)

      Izzy x

      Delete

All change

  Life update  I am divorcing, it is amicable - but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.  We had talked about waiting for Chris to...