Sunday, September 21, 2025

Relationship Status

 

Relationship Status 

Well I thought I should perhaps talk about something more serious than my adventures for once. 

I have a lovely girlfriend called Charlotte (also trans) who has featured in a lot of my posts since early in the year.  

My wife of many years has not known about this until recently, she had read the blog in the past, but I don't think she has for a long time now.  So I had not been able to talk about this until she knew. 

She was understandably upset, mainly that I had not told her, and that she had to ask. I couldn't lie when she did, I was tired of having the secret, I don't like lying.  I was being pretty obvious really, as if I wanted it to come out, but didn't dare. 

It was similar to how sloppy i was getting with hiding my clothes just before I came out to her, being caught is the lazy way of doing it though.

I won't go into the details, as I don't want to overshare - but things had not been going that well with our marriage for a while even before I came out - but doing so probably put the nail in the coffin in terms of a possible re-enlivenment of it.

We were really just drifting along as friends, we do still get on and will hopefully continue to do so.   

Things as largely as they were before she knew, nothing much has changed other than she knows really.

We have not really had a discussion about long term plans, other than I didn't want to completely leave any time soon for the sake of the boys. We will need to sit down at some point and have a proper discussion. We really should talk more. 

My kids don't know, they will eventually of course, but Charlotte doesn't come here very often, and when she does it usually to leave her car while we go for adventures somewhere.  

Charlotte does read the blog - ( Hi Charlotte 👋 !! ) which is nice, she enjoys reading my reports of our adventures 😊

 I shall finish this here for now, I don't want to waffle on too much.  


 

 

 

 

  

 

 

  

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes the bigger announcements take fewer words. And none of that was waffle.
    🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Charlotte, what a lovely name.

    Not sure what to say in response to your post Isobel, life is never straight forward. Sorry things didn’t work out with your wife, tough for you both. Glad you’ve found a new partner to share your journey and I hope your wife can find happiness too.

    Best Wishes to you all

    Lotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lotte - it could have been a lot worse, it is good we are still friends at least x

      Delete

Things are moving

 So I have a completion date on the house for Thursday this week (20th Aug).  I won't be driving down to get the keys till the Friday th...