Hair update
2/3rds of my ears are now covered. It's getting in my eyes a fair bit, and windy day's aren't too fun.
I need to get something to keep it under control I think.
Thursday
It was a bit of a busy day. My car MOT had meant to be on Friday, but they called it move it to the
Thursday due to the MOT tester being unavailable that day - this was the one already re-arranged due to snow.
Thursday due to the MOT tester being unavailable that day - this was the one already re-arranged due to snow.
I also had laser session around lunch time, and then Trans-Wakefield in the evening.
The garage gave me an automatic Juke , which was horrible to drive, really hard to pull out of junctions fast compared to the leaf.
The laser went well, but again was very painful. I asked for a quote to get my torso done, and received a fairly cheap price £450 !
But it turned out she had got it wrong, as she sent me an SMS later apologising, it was actually £750 - which was more in line with what I was expecting.
So I start that next month. It will take my session time from 15 mins to an hour, so will be more difficult to fit around work.
Trans-Wakefield, I was going in man mode due to the laser, but I had a good time. Phoebe who had come for her first time a few weeks ago had returned, and I roped her and another regular into forming a quiz team. We did poorly, but had fun doing so.
I indulged in cheesy chips, and a Guinness to pre-celebrate St Patricks day :)
It was a bit quiet a few missing, but still enjoyable. I felt comfy in man mode, which hasn't always been the case.
It was mentioned that the LGBT community centre/café was having it's official opening on Saturday morning, and we were invited to attend to show our support.
Friday
This was my scheduled day off, and normally would have been an adventure day, followed by Nottingham Invasion in the evening, but with the laser being moved to this week I couldn't do either.
So instead I decided to make a concerted effort to replace the leaf springs in the Morris minor. I was successful - managed one side, and started on the other, but managed to break 3 nails in the process.
I ended up just trimming them all, but I have a few weeks before I will be going out so they will look OK by then I expect.
Saturday
I got up early to ensure I could get to Wakefield for 10am to be at the ribbon cutting ceremony. 6 or 7 of us from the group turned up. We got one free coffee, which was quite strong, they had teamed up with a company to get a proper machine.
At 10:30 we were ushered outside to see the group leader Christine and the centre manager cut the ribbon together - both did a short speech.
They took a group photo afterwards with everyone who wanted to be in it, I think I was the only one to abstain.
Went back in and had another coffee, and spent until midday chatting to the others. Sam who had visited with Trans-Leeds one time was there, had a nice chat with them.
Had a nice chat with Christine on leaving, she seemed pleased we had shown up to support the event.
My wife was nipping out to McDonalds for lunch, so I drove back home to get my McPlant. I was on a bit of a caffeine high from the proper coffee, so I took advantage of this to finish off the other leaf spring on the Morris in the afternoon.
Sunday
Today I've got a slow cooker chicken casserole on the go, and been for a run. I did forget to wear sun cream on my face, but it wasn't too sunny, so hope I didn't do any damage.


Sounds like a good week! I do need to look properly into laser again myself.
ReplyDeleteNot a bad one I suppose, at least I can wear makeup this week !
Delete"...felt comfy in man mode, which hasn't always been the case..."
ReplyDeleteThat sounds good to hear. It can be tricky on occasion.
Shame about the nail damage, but hopefully the car is now in better shape.
As to the loan car, on the rare times of having a petrol manual feels, well, a massive step backwards. Life's too short to be faffing about with gears and queuing for petrol. 😁
Yes well, I think some of it was embarrassment of not looking trans enough while being at the group.
DeleteI do notice that younger people seem less bothered about 'blending' and are happy to just to be themselves without oodles of makeup. I guess they don't have as much historic internalised binary nonsense to deal with.
I think I could live with a hybrid, but anything else is nearer to a classic car than a modern one these days.