Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The Other Half


Since I did a short post last time, I figured I would just post the other half of the week, I have quite a lot planned for the bank holiday weekend, so that one will quite likely be an epic one anyway😄
Hopefully in a good way !


Thursday Trans-Wakefield

I was keen to get out - given the earlier events of the week, and I was due to go to my usual Thursday night meeting in Wakefield.  I had to check their discord as we are alternating between the pub and the café now. 

Turns out it was the café, I decided to wear the same dress I had used on my call with GenderGP, as it seemed like a fairly warm night and the café can get a bit warm. 

I put my makeup on, and liked the way I looked without the wig, so I decided to just go out without one. I did put some hairspray on to keep it swept over. It felt really nice. 

My wife was on the phone, but I did my usual twirl for her and got a surprised looking thumbs up.

I was perhaps a little more self conscious walking from the car to the café than normal, but overall it felt very liberating, and more natural. 

It seems they have started doing a new thing, where we all sit in a circle of chairs, and go around giving a short update on our life's events - positives and negatives. I obviously got to mention the GenderGP stuff, but also pointed out the lack of wig. I got some nice compliments.

I also posted the pic on my social media and didn't seem to lose any followers for it 😂

One of the cis partners of a member recommended some posh shampoo that they said did wonders for their partners hair when they starting presenting with it "Plantur 39 Caffeine Shampoo". I have ordered some, and will give it a go.

It was a really good night overall, I nipped to the pub for a quick drink after they booted us out of the café, but they wanted to sit outside and I was a bit cold without a jacket, so headed off.


The Weekend  

I could have gone to Notts Invasion on the Friday, but didn't feel in the mood. 

My wife had plans on Saturday so I took the opportunity to work on my car. I am putting a new clutch in. I was getting crunchy gear changes from 1st to 2nd. 

I spent Sunday afternoon on that too, then did a 13km walk in the evening.



GenderGP Update

I had an email this morning (Tuesday) about the session I attended :

"Dear Isobel,

Thank you very much for filling out your Appraisal Pathway form. :) Thank you for attending your Information Gathering Session - I can confirm that we have now received the report and no concerns have been raised."

So I guess I have met some minimum standard for sanity and trans-ness with them - yay !  

The next step (once I have talked to my wife) , would be to pay the monthly fee, then I can discuss what I want from them.







4 comments:

  1. A post of two halves! 🙂 I believe that's something to do with the foot balls. Those of a sci-fi leaning may prefer a trilogy in four parts, but you'll need another two posts for that 😉

    The idea of a quick round room *what's gone well?* sounds like a good idea. Should we try that on Thursdays?

    Nice photo and I hope you managed to decrunchify the gear box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right, although it was entirely a coincidence !

      Well we could certainly give the round the table a go, might spark some conversation on points that people might not have brought up otherwise .

      I am still mid gearbox change, pausing while I wait for parts :) - probably be another week before it's back on the road.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it may help give folk a moment to say hi and feel heard as well. Sounds like a plan! Thank you.

      Is the next project for Josephine to go electric? That might require some saving up for a battery, mind.

      Delete
    3. Well that would be more than the car is worth currently - perhaps if they stopped allowing you to burn fuel in the future, and it was a lot cheaper to buy the bits.

      There is a company that is developing a petrol replacement product that is designed for older cars at the moment.

      Delete

All change

  Life update  I am divorcing, it is amicable - but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.  We had talked about waiting for Chris to...