Updates
My dad has been in hospital for his 1st round of chemo to treat a blood cancer, and is likely to be in there for a number of weeks more as it didn't go as planned. So I have been doing my share of taking my mum to visit him. He seems to be doing OK at the moment.
Hormones, it's been a few weeks - not sure if anything I've been feeling is actually due to them or not. I had thought it had changed my sleep pattern, I seem to be waking up during the night a lot less. No problems noticed at least. Not sure I feel any different emotionally, which I assumed I would.
I am at least remembering to apply the gel every day !
My hair looks a bit of state in both modes, I have been trying Frizz Ease conditioner which seems to work a little. I need to dye it again really, I am thinking darker for the Goth weekend.
Need to spend some time watching some video's I think, work out if there is something simple I am missing in terms of styling.
Despite this I haven't actually worn a wig (other than for some pics at Chams) for most of the month, even though I've been out quite a few times - which I think is an achievement. Might wear one to the next LFF though :)
Adventures
Thursday 21st
Instead of my usual Wakefield group night, I had a drink with a friend - I was in drab, I mainly mention really as it was in working men's club and I'm a bit self conscious with how my hair looks in 'man' mode. There were no issues though.
Saturday 23rd - Blackpool
I didn't have any big meetups planned, but a friend in Blackpool had was unexpectantly free and asked if I wanted to visit. I got there at lunch time and they made me a nice meet free burger, then we went to a retro video game arcade.You pay to enter, but all the machines were then free to play. It was really good, they had Time Crisis, Mario Kart, lots of really old machines like 1942, Galaxian etc: https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/blackpool/
We were in there a few hours, had a really fun time. Afterwards we had an ice-cream at Notarianni , which I was told was the best ice cream in Blackpool - it was certainly very nice. We did some charity shops and I got a nice black dress for £6.
While waiting for some pizza's to be delivered, we watched a very funny but also terrible film : Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse ! Which I would totally recommend.Then we got changed and headed out into the town for a bit of a pub crawl, we did Galleon's , a soul place I've forgotten the name of, then back to Galleons. We were not really on a drinking session, just taking it steady.
I stopped for a roast dinner on Sunday then headed home in the early afternoon. It was a very relaxing weekend, and a change from some of the more hectic things on the calendar, and really great to catch up with my friend.
Thursday 28th - Chameleons
I wasn't able to sneak off work early as had a lot on, so by the time I had finished faffing with my fake lashes it meant there was no danger of me being early. This unfortunately meant I wasn't able to meet up with Ann at the outlet before hand, but she was going to Chams afterwards anyway.
I had been looking forward to going with a more autumnal look, as I don't have that many summery dresses and I feel I had gone my money out of most already this year. So went with a 'Kurt Muller' dress I got from Barnsley market last year.I stopped off at Tibshelf on the way down for snacks as I had neglected to bring biscuits, got a smirk
from a tradesperson as I walked in, but if that's the worst I get I am very lucky.
There were already a few people there when I got to the centre, and the room soon filled up.
It was nice to see such a good turnout again, and the room was full enough that we were able to fragment into smaller groups. Was really nice to catch up with the other girls.
There was the additional fun of a charity used clothing and accessory sale, which meant we all had fun trying things on and messing about a bit. Got to poke some rather unconvincing boobs for instance :)
Lynn had tried on a wig which looked quite retro 80's and I decided to have a go with it too - I quite liked the way it looked so I put some funds in the donation box for it. I posted the pics on Instagram and it went down quite well !
Anyway it was a very enjoyable night, certainly in the shortlist for the best Chams meeting of the year :)
I was in the Leaf so I had a more relaxing journey home, I had the day off the next day too, so it didn't matter it was quite late when I got back.
Friday 29th - Bolton Abbey
I had planned on not doing anything at the weekend again - there was a beer festival, but I've beenspending a lot of time away, and the hotels are quite expensive, so instead I plotted a solo adventure day trip. It was a dual purpose adventure in that I would be using the Morris as well.
I got ready at quite a leisurely pace, and it was fairly late before I set off. But I managed to get to Bolton Abbey for about 2:15pm. The drive itself was nice, no major issues, Josephine appeared to be in a good mood, not much crunching of gears or idling issues.
The lady at the car park kiosk complemented my on my vehicle ! - which made me smile :)
I headed for the Café first and got myself a cheese and onion pasty, a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream, and a bit of cake. All of the major food groups, fat and sugar.After this I headed over the river and down the opposite bank to where I had parked towards the stepping stones which would take me to the abbey. It wasn't the nicest weather, I had taken my brolly just in case but didn't need it.
I did some photo's at the stepping stones, but I couldn't actually cross as several had been swept away by tree's hitting them after being washed downstream in a storm. A bit of a shame, but I can always go back later.
I had a brief look around the remains of the abbey, and the church next to it, then headed back to the car. Overheard a few people commenting on her as I was faffing around getting ready to leave, she does attract attention.
My shitnav took my back through the middle of Leeds, which wasn't very relaxing, stop start traffic is no fun with no hydraulic assisted clutch and a crunchy gearbox. But we got home OK.
It was good to get some more miles under my belt, and fab to have a nice day out too.






Busy as always. With regards to the hair are you using hair loss products on it? If not it can help improve male hair over time, not only for hair loss but also help put the quality back into it. Sorry to hear about you dad.
ReplyDeleteYes , keeping myself busy does seem to distract the internal demons somewhat. It makes me more confident I could do it full time.
DeleteI have got a number of different products - I tried some expensive caffeine shampoo 'Plantur 39' , which I'm not sure did much. Also some Pantene Pro-V 'keratin reconstruct' - and matching conditioner.
Do you have any recommendations for others ?
I am trying to not wash it too many times per week, as I end up losing more hair every time I do ! Which reminds me I need to invest in a shower cap - been using disposable hotel ones.
Oh and thanks re your comment on my dad !
DeleteA few months back I subscribed to Sons. A massive box turned up with all sorts in it, tablets, sprays, vitamins, shampoos. I’ve also used Menschem before and they also sell Dutasteride fairly cheap. They knocked me back for that because I didn’t say I was unhappy with Finasteride, but if you have a GenderGP subscription you have little barrier. https://www.doctorfox.co.uk/hair-loss-treatments/finasteride.html lists a price comparison of most of the cheaper online places. I also like a OGX conditioner because it’s got collagen in in. I only have short hair though.
DeleteWell I have heard of Finasteride, I am contemplating going on blockers early next year. Not 100% sure which one GenderGP normally prescribe by default.
DeleteSome friends have told me they didn't get on with Finasteride - heightened anxiety issues for one, and another said it wasn't effective.
I guess you are getting on with it OK ?
Finasteride is fine with me but I also take antidepressants. It’s more for hair but many seem to use it in combination with blockers, or the other way with testosterone. It sort of makes sense before anything else because it can cause a bit of shedding. No one wants that after growing beautifully long locks.
DeleteMaybe it is the sexual dysfunction which causes depression and anxiety rather than the Finasteride itself? If anyone takes oestrogen or any form of blocker I guess it’s almost inevitable they are going to run into issues at some point though. Almost paradoxical.
DeleteThey haven't really mentioned sexual dysfunction, it's not something that people seem to talk about openly at the groups really. I certainly wouldn't want any shedding ! I had not heard of this. Although I am only passively researching blockers at the moment, taking note of passing comments rather than reading up on them. That seems like the next stage, and is a scary possibility.
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your dad. Hope things improve.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had enough hair to be able to go without a wig for a long time. I miss that, especially in the summer months.
I just noticed the grill detail on the Morris :-)
Thankyou, I think they have caught it pretty early, so the odds are in his favour, he's not doing too badly.
DeleteYes it's so nice to not have to wear one - although I still think I look a lot better. Hoping when it's longer I will have more options to tame it - pony tail or a bun.
Thanks, I am quite proud of that :) - I do wonder how many people outside our community recognise the colours though, I have not yet heard any comment from strangers on it.
I hope things go well for your Dad and he's finding the treatment okay, bless him.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you the other night and apologies for crashing your photo session. Who's the old bird in the dodgy wig next to Anne? 😉
I think you look better in it, so enjoy at LFF - that or Dave it up for Halloween 🎃
Good to hear you had some trips out and quite a variety too. Hopefully The Car Named Josephine behaved and there was no need for emergency maintenance.
Thanks, he's suffering a bit, but seems to be recovering
DeleteYou were more than welcome to join the photo session ! I think she was a passing 80's cover band singer who needed to use the loo 🤣
I have given the wig a wash, and in doing so found a name tag sown into it ! I obviously won't share. I am going to try it on for LFF see what it looks like.
She didn't do too bad, got me home.
I am preparing to disassemble her over winter to sort out some rust, wouldn't want to drive her with salt on the roads anyway. The engine and gearbox do need a thorough going over too.
I may have to cut down on the social activities to actually have time to do all this though.
"...she was a passing 80's cover band singer..."
DeleteI would question the use of the word 'passing', unless you meant 'she walked by' 😉
Also, you may be glad to have never heard her vocalise across music. I would not use the word singing to describe me 😁
Good luck with the repairs over the winter. Hopefully a good time to do them with less retro events on maybe. Also, cold weather and classic cars, not always a good mix.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, you have my sympathies such as they are worth.
ReplyDeleteYay for going mostly wigless! I rather suspect that your hair is only a source of admiration for others. Great, as always, to hear of your adventures!!
Thankyou, they are certainly worth something !
DeleteWell the length and amount is, I don't think the look is yet - need to get it styled but waiting for it to be a bit longer. I dyed it a darker brown last night.