Life updates
My dad seems a bit better, but kidney issues may delay his treatment. His taste seems to be coming back at least.
My in-laws visit on Wednesday, which I am not looking forward to, there must be comments on my hair this time. Not only is is much longer, but it's dyed now too. I'll probably try parting it further towards the outside of my eye, rather than the inside of my eye - which is a more male look.
I will also have to de-Izzy the downstairs, find all my shoes and get rid of any cosmetics on my computer desk in the kitchen.
Don't think I mentioned it before, but I put a hole in one boob after returning from Lancaster, covered it in wide tape, it's not holding that well. It's on the back side. Shame as I thought these might last until I needed to buy smaller ones when I fill out more.
Hormones
I have used up my first Oestrogel 'Pump-Pack' canister - they sent me three of these. I first used it on Wednesday the 13th of September, but I did miss at least two days. This is 38 days , so minus two makes 36 days of use.
According to the notes on the side, there should be 64 'pumps' per canister. Which should be 32 days, as I'm on two pumps a day - so it would seem to be pretty accurate. I guess I will ask for a new prescription when I start on the third canister.
I've decided to start taking a photo of a nipple every so often with a 20p coin beside it to judge any changes. I won't be posting these in case this worries anyone 🤣
Someone had posted their prescription details on Instagram the other day, and I noticed they were only on three pumps a day, so perhaps my 'micro-dose' isn't actually that small ! Or is at least on par with a starting dose.
Social Activities
I was at Sheffield Beer Festival at Kelham Island Museum Thursday until Saturday morning. Unfortunately the heavy rain caused the venue to be closed on Friday, so I only got to enjoy one day of the festival.
I could have stayed there today, but would have had to fork out for another night, and I really should try to minimise my spending.
Day 1
I arrived at lunch time on Thursday, and met Alice for a Pizza in Rudy's. Aside from a trip back to the hotel to check in, we largely remained at the beer festival venue for most of the rest of the day.I had gone in a fairly goth look, as I wanted to try out my look for the Whitby Goth Weekend at the end of the month. It was also going to be raining a lot, and I would be wearing my big long winter coat for this reason too. It was a bit warm though, so I ended up leaving it at the hotel when I checked in.
I met the lady who had signed me up at Stockport, she is lovely. We got talking to a few chaps, and Alice caught up with a fair few people she had met at previous events.
I had a Cheesy sausage for tea - wasn't as nice as those at Peterborough, but chap was friendly. Later on I had an Indian Samosa box, which was gorgeous.The big steam engine was run at 7pm, it was huge and made the floor shake - it's the biggest engine that still runs, and well worth a visit. I will upload a video to my YouTube at some point.
'Seacider', which was my favourite. Nell Gwynne by 'Celtic Marshes' was very nice too. Both of these are described as medium, so perhaps I shall concentrate on these going forward.
I was mainly drinking 1/3rds or 1/2's and also having water too, so I didn't really get that tipsy.
Think we left just before 11pm when it shut. It did start to rain.
Day 2
It was raining really heavily for the majority of the day, which caused there to be a flood risk at the beer festival site.
We went for breakfast at a nice little place called Marmadukes on Norfolk row, where all had poachedeggs on thick cut sourdough toast , cooked really nicely. They only do full english on a weekend, but was still quite filling,
After this we parted ways for a short while as Alice wanted to look in a few clothes shops, and I needed to get more foundation as I had run out getting ready.
We met back up at the Emergency Services museum, and had an hour wandering around that - with my trying on every hat available, and getting photo's with any props :)The plan was to leave there and head straight to beer festival, but as we were leaving we got a message to say it had been cancelled. So we went to meet Gemma in the Harlequin - which was a pretty wet
walk away !
We had a few beers in there, then headed for lunch at the 'Chop Shop Bar & Grill' which was really nice food. They had a two burger for £20 deal on, and they were really nice.
After this we did the 'Kelham Island Tavern' where some famous female Gogglebox star took a picture of us - we only found out when the guys on the next table told us after she had gone.Then we went to the 'The Furnace Bar & Restaurant' for our evening meal - I had a lamb kofta with coconut rice which was fab. Then a very sweet Salted Caramel Chocolate brownie to finish.
After this we went back to the hotel to change, then to the Weatherspoons, where we had a truely awful flat pint that neither me or Alice could finish. Cindy's lager was OK i think though.
We ended the night at the 'Two & Six Micropub' which was a lot nicer, and we met back up with some of the beer festival staff in there. I tried a 'Back to the future' themed IPL (India Pale Lager) which wasn't too offensive, but I mainly got because of the BTTF reference :) - then a chocolate porter which was really good.
Then it was back to the hotel.
Day 3
The Beer festival was definitely back on, but I had not had a brilliant sleep, the guy above had been doing Riverdance at 4am, and I had struggled to get back to sleep.Managed to get enough dregs out of my foundation to not need to open the new bottle.
I did have the option of finding another room and spending and extra day, but I wasn't really in the mood. I probably would have been fine after a few beers, but it would have been an expensive night as rooms were scarce due to a football match. Gemma and Cindy were partly only going to the expense as their trains were cancelled due to the flooding, so had to anyway.
So I did the breakfast at Marmadukes with Alice and Cindy, and decided to go home. I walked back to the hotel with Cindy and we bumped into Gemma on the way which was nice, so did get to say bye to everyone.
Got home OK, and haven't really done much all day. I did go to the Co-op while still dressed to get some food. I feel safer going there still.







Hi Izzy, I've had a real problem trying to comment on blogs this past fortnight (not just yours but many others across all platforms) but it looks like it's going to let me.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with family, and hope your dad improves steadily. As ever, I'm reading about your hormone regime with great interest. With luck, you won't need falsies in the end, with all the deflation associated with them!
Keep up with the fun stuff. You certainly know how to fill a weekend! By the way, I love your black dress with the lace.
Sue x
Sorry to hear, I have occasional issues too, but thanks for persevering !
DeleteThanks re my dad, shall have to ring him later see how he is.
Yes would be lovely to have a real pair !
I'm off to Whitby for the Goth weekend this week, armed with lots of black dresses - have far too many now :)
Izzy x