Sunday, May 8, 2022

Human powered flight

 I got my wings !!

An actual laugh ! Marvel at the sight of teeth

I had cancelled the Hotel for LFF on Thursday while I was feeling quite down - it was £120+  , I really didn't want to waste that if I wasn't in the mood. Anyway I saw a few people posting Instagram updates of their LFF preparations, and by Friday afternoon I was in the mood to go out again. 

So I made the decision to get ready and go out, even if it turned out to be just for a few hours.  I ended up out until 1am.  I met some nice people, I didn't speak to that many. I sat with one that I had met the previous time (Debbie)  and she introduced me to her friends Mandy and Becky, we talked for a bit, then I went for a wander and spotted Danielle who I had met at the Nottingham invasion twice.  She was partly responsible for my earring decision having had hers done the month before.

I spoke to Fiona briefly, she seemed to be on a mission, Stella was there but didn't get chance to speak. I was hoping to meet a deaf girl, I had learnt to sign her name, as on FB she seemed to be getting down that nobody was speaking with her - not much but thought would cheer her up a bit. She was there apparently but our paths didn't cross.

We did a few places :

  • Fibre - made a poor bar girl go to the bottom floor for alcohol free gin
  • Viaduct show bar - was a preview night for their new acts, I think we saw 4 
  • Smokestack - Jazz, soul, really nice, wish I could have danced to some of it

One of the ladies who I sat with initially in the Marriott checked up on me in Smokestack, as I appeared to be stood on my own not having a good time. I was tired and attempting to sway to the music - Danielle was across for me - anyway it was nice that she made that effort to check I was OK. 

I left after 1am  , I was getting tired and didn't want to risk driving poorly.

In the multi-storey before going home

I got home and ate some pizza my youngest had made at school, was about 2am before had my makeup off. I still woke up at 7:30am, so was pretty dead the next day. Still managed to go out for run/walk though, managed some decent 1 km times for my running stints.

Finished 'The left hand of Darkness' in the bath later on - really good read, I wonder what else I have missed reading.


2 comments:

  1. That shot with the wings is just *chef's kiss emoji*

    That it was with a genuine laugh just makes it even better!

    Sounds like you are making quite the community for yourself! All power to your elbow, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yes I really like that photo - even with my feet partially cut off :)

      I am certainly trying to make as many friends as possible, although it doesn't come naturally to me.
      Loud pubs and clubs are terrible for me as my hearing isn't the best. But I end up knowing more names and faces each time.

      Delete

Things are moving

 So I have a completion date on the house for Thursday this week (20th Aug).  I won't be driving down to get the keys till the Friday th...